Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Persian Pickle Club, by Sandra Dallas

Very good, light book. I think it would be great for book club, a lot of fun things to discusss.
It was a fast read, only took about 2 days of sporadic reading, and I enjoyed it. It had 3 or 4 swear words, and attempted rape, so it would probably rate PG if it were a movie. It explores the relationships of women in small town dust-bowl-era Kansas. They belong to a quilting club and it's fun to see the different personalities of the characters. It's a bit of a who-done-it, and I like those.
4 Stars.

1 comment:

Alicia said...

I loved this book. A friend let me borrow it and I went out, bought my own copy and loaned it to another friend. Have you read The guernsey literary and potato peel pie society? If not check it out. My library had it so I'm assuming any library would. Take care.